NOTE: If the chart below says your vehicle has this version of Speaker Adaptation, skip to the info AFTER this chart.
Having the system learn the user’s voice
NOTE: Have the customer perform this procedure before any repairs are done.
1. Position the vehicle in a reasonably quiet outdoor location.
2. Sit in the driver’s seat with the engine running, the parking brake on, and the transmission in P (Park).
3. Push the SETTING button (located on the instrument panel).
• The SETTING button is located in the center of the instrument panel with the other NAVI control buttons.
4. Looking at the NAVI display screen, select/highlight Others, and then press the ENTER button.
5. Select/highlight the Voice Recognition key, and then push the ENTER button.
6. Select/highlight the Speaker Adaptation key, and then push the ENTER button.
• Alternate Command Mode must be turned ON in order to access Speaker Adaptation.
(NOTE: Voice Command Learning may display instead of Speaker Adaptation)
7. Select the user whose voice is memorized by the system and push the ENTER button.
• For example, select User 1 for the first person, User 2 for the second person, etc.
8. Select Phone, and then push the ENTER button.
• The voice commands are displayed.
9. Select a voice command and then push the ENTER button.
• The voice recognition system starts.
10. The system requests you repeat a command after a tone.
11. After the tone sounds and the “face” icon changes to a “talking face” icon, speak the command that the system requested.
12. When the system has recognized the voice command, the voice of the user is learned.
13. Push the BACK button to return to the previous screen.
14. If the system has learned the command correctly, the voice command indicator on the screen turns on.