– metric sockets and ratchet and open-end wrenches
– drain pan
Begin by draining your coolant. Next remove your intake pipe and move the emissions lines out of the way. Take off the fan shroud so you can pull off the fan and clutch assembly together.
Free the water pump/crank/power steering belt by moving the power
steering pump. There is one 14 mm nut and one 14 mm bolt to loosen.
The tensioner only tightens the belt so it won’t help you.
Take off the waterpump pulley
– Take off bolts that bolt the water pump to the block.(5*12mm)
– Use a rubber mallet or 2 by4 to knock off the water pump.
– Clean off old liquid gasket. Be thorough.
– Apply continuous bead(2-3 mm diameter) of high temp liquid gasket to the water pump housing. Sealant around the bolt holes.
– When filling, make sure motor is on. Air relief valve open.(leave rad cap off)
– When it looks full, rev motor to about 3k rpm
– When motor warms up, thermostat opens and let air pockets out.
– Motor will warm up to the “H” mark or higher but will drop pretty quickly.
– When no more bubbles come out, top off radiator and over flow bottle.
– Take car for test drive. Done.