This is an instant and free mod to do to your Z.
– Phillips Screwdriver
– 10mm Socket
– Pair of dykes (cutters)
Removing the foglights:
1. First you will need to remove the turn signal. The turn signal is held in with two phillips screws (red circles), undo them and the turn signal will slide out.
2. After you get the turn signal out, you will be able to see the back of the foglight, which is held in with three (3) 10mm nuts. Before taking off the nuts, undo the connector (green arrow) and then take off the nuts (red circles). Then push from the back and the foglight will pop out the front.
Removing the glare guard:
1. With the foglight out, remove the four (4) phillips screws at each corner of the back of the foglight (red circles)
2. The back will come off, but the wiring will still be connected to the lens. To disconnect the wiring, first slide off the grounding wire (top red arrow), and then pull back the clip holding the light bulb in (bottom red arrow). Take out the light bulb and be careful to not touch the light bulb as the oil on your fingers will shorten the life of the bulb considerably.
3. Remove the two phillips screws on each side, make sure you do not loose the little white rubber/plastic pieces (red circles). Then turn the foglight over and turn the phillips screw on the front like you are taking it out (this is the alignment screw) and when you watch from the back, you will notice the lens will be coming off the screw (green circle).
4. Take the lens out and you will see the glare guard.
5. The glare guard is just a piece of metal that is attached at two points. Take a pair of dykes and just cut each of these two attachment points and the glare guard will come off.
6. Put everything back together in reverse order, install them back on your car and you will have much brighter foglights.