1. Remove tail lights by pulling back the trunk liner, after removing the retaining clips, and tail light housing nuts, on the inside of trunk. You may have to push your lenses out from inside the trunk with your hand because of the weather seal on the back side of it. If you get the black weather seal goo on your hands, you can use acetone to remove it.
2. Clean tail lights with Windex and a microfiber towel(not a paper towel).
3. Tape off area you wish to tint and not tint. IE: I didn’t want to tint the backup light, so I covered it with tape and cut out the circle with an exacto-knife and a protractor. Tape off entire lens to prevent a “dusty” over spray, but leave the area over the blinker bare so you can anodize the clear to a new RED.
4. Clean the area that is going to be painted with windex and a microfiber towel again before painting, then spray the Dupli-Color METALCAST Paint over the blinker area.Allow 5-7 mins before removing tape surrounding the blinker (DO NOT TOUCH THE LENS).Be sure to leave the tape that is covering the backup light on the lense.
5. Immediately spray the Pactra Racing Finish RC249 Window tint spray(found at your local hobby shop for RC Toys) on to the lens so it is able to adhere to the Dupli-Color Red and the lense.
6. Allow 30-45 mins for lens to dry, then use your exacto-knife to pull up the edge of the tape that covers the backup light.Peal off tape to reveal this:
7. Reinstall lens’ into your Maxima and enjoy!
Article by: lightsout